Good Work: Gorgeous and Clever Invitation Design Round-up


Jess & Austin Wedding Package by Austin Petito.
Coasters for Jess & Austin Wedding Package by Austin Petito.
Pennsylvania Wedding Invitation by Lydia Nichols.
Pennsylvania Wedding Invitation by Lydia Nichols.
Porridge Papers Crossroads Festival Invitation by Doe-Eyed Design.
"Garden" Wedding Invitation by Doe-Eyed Design.
Beautiful Letterpress work. "Garden" Wedding Invitation by Doe-Eyed Design.
Jam Wedding Suite by Michael Sevilla.
In between changing diapers and other general "mom" tasks, I've been working on a whole bunch of new invitation designs. Sometimes I just get an idea in my head and go for it. Other times, I like to see what's out there to be inspired by. And boy is there a lot of good inspiration out there. Check out some of my recent favorites.

Top two: Austin Petito has a lot of great work on his site, but I'm particularly fond of this wedding suite. The colors and the letterpress? Just beautiful. Those coasters are works of art.

Next two: I LOVE this destination wedding invitation by Lydia Nichols that plays on sightseeing brochures you'd typically see on a rack at a welcome center or hotel. So clever and so functional. I'd love to do something like that. This is a good example of the amazingness that can happenw hen clients trust their designer.

Crossroads Festival Invite by Doe-Eyed Design: Hands down one of the best uses of plantable paper I've seen.

This Garden wedding invitation, also by Doe-Eyed is a lovely combination of illustration, excellent color choices and letterpress.

Last but not least is this super cozy and warm wedding suite by Michael Sevilla. Love the hand drawn type and the "polaroids" as information cards. Brilliant and resourceful.

Now I've got to get back to designing while the wee one sleeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails