The Bright Bone of a Dream

Quote by Michael Ondaatje via Benign Objects.
I've loved this quote ever since I first came across it a few years ago. I set it to visuals yesterday. Maybe you'll like it, too.

I am 8 days away from my due date (first child) and find my dreams to be so vivid. I think part of this is because I have to wake up so often to use the restroom at night that I'm constantly stumbling from the bed with the wisps of dreams still on the back of my eyelids, tangled in my hair.

I used to dream more vibrantly through highschool and college. In fact, I can still vividly remember two of the most amazing dreams I've ever had: one fifteen years ago in high school and one in college. Both of which shaped and continue to shape my spiritual and world view. Have you ever had one of those?

One of my most oft occurring dream themes is a search for crystal clear blue water. I see it often but I always seem to wake up before I can dive in and swim as I so desperately long to. These dreams started after I swan in the inimitable waters of the Turks & Caicos and saw the blue grotto in Italy. I swear after this baby is born, I will make it back to the Turks & Caicos.

I would love to hear about any recurring themes to your dreams.

Thursday I will have a free printable for you all. It's a really good one.

(p.s. I created the graphic from two layered textures I found with a cc license on Flickr. This one by Mary Vican and this one by Martisimas.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails