My Spring Look

I am due with my first child any day now. The truth is, I've had a pretty great pregnancy experience and really can't complain much—though I'm certainly well into all of the discomforts that go along with those last couple of weeks of pregnancy: I have pretty much been living in stretchy exercise pants and loose tops because I cannot justify buying anything else for just these last few weeks.

I will confess: I miss "normal" clothes. I miss the ease with which I used to dress. I totally took it for granted that I could tie a shoe without having to come up for air between the left and right shoe! I spent a good portion of my life experimenting with different modes of dress. Ages 12-14 were particularly disastrous with their overabundance of neon, spandex and windbreaker fabrics. It really wasn't until about 30 that I sort of settled into a style that really felt like me, and I've pretty much stuck with it ever since. It's sort of a bohemian, prep, eclectic combo. The outfit in the above photo is right up my alley, so I decided to see if I could re-create it on the cheap. Lo and behold, I could! I am not blessed with legs that long or thin, but somehow I remain ever hopeful that skinny jeans like that will work on me. To this day, they have not. But I am nothing if not an optimist!

Have you all found your comfort zone in terms of fashion or do you still experiment?

From top left:  Single Button Blazer from Body Central, $29.90 (I have this and it gets a lot of use. I had to order a size up from normal); Fox stud earrings from C.Wonder, $38; Boatneck sailor tee from Land's End; Straight Jean, American Eagle, $39 (I love their jeans. They fit me well and the prics are so great. I wear them far more than my expensive Joe's,Sevens, Citizens, etc. jeans); Crocs clogs (I know, really!), $70, or the slightly more modestly priced Sbicca Hutton clog, $59; Throw on a pretty, layered gold necklace from etsy seller, Potion Number 9, $34, and tuck this sweet, cream leather and gold foldover clutch from etsy seller byMART, $34, under your arm.

*I found the original inspiration photo, by Ornithes on flickr (via pinterest) here.

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't resist leaving a note because I also don't have long skinny legs either and I used to swear by the American Eagle Straight jeans, but these jeans from American Eagle http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?productId=0432_7631_019&catId=cat90120 are my new favourites. They just may work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney,

    Thanks so much for the tip; I can't wait to try these jeans. :)

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails