Piggyback Design: Free Printable Vintage Bookplates


Free printable bookplates from Besotted Brand.
Free printable bookplates from Benign Objects.
So what in the world is "piggyback design?" It's an idea I came up with over the weekend while catching up on some blog reading as a funky way to highlight another designer I admire, pay homage to her and to also share something with you all.

One blog I keep up with is the Besotted Brand Blog. I enjoy reading about other designers and creatives, and Tristan has a great blog showcasing her work, her inspirations/obsessions and photography expertise. Lately she's been writing a lot about her pursuit of hand lettering, which is a skill I don't have and am not likely to develop anytime soon, so I like reading about it instead. :)

Anyhow, as I was reading through her blog recently, I saw she had posted some really neat vintage-style printable bookplates she created. Wouldn't it be fun, I thought, to share her cool work and also add try to add to my own designs to the theme so that you readers get double the amount of freebies from two different designers.

Print out on a paper (or label paper of your choice)—Tristan suggests trying a texture paper, which would be cool, too—then cut out and apply to your favorite books.

So go to Besotted Brand blog and get Tristan's gorgeous bookplates here.

And then you can download my additions, if you like, from my website here.

P.S. Do you follow me on Pinterest? I add gorgeous free printables I find around the web on this board.

P.P.S I used this pretty, and free, watercolor texture by Shadowgirls as a background.

 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBB Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 3 post on Sep. 25, 2012. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these! And how weird is it that I JUST bought your book and then I followed a link on my blog and am here, kismet! Thank you for the *blush* sweet post and I love your bookplates to pieces!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails