Do any of you already subscribe to any of these? Do you enjoy it? Do you know of one I should know about? If so, please share!
1. Art in a Box: This is an art subscription service featuring Bay Area artists. Operating on the model of a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) or wine subscription service, Art in a Box offers amazing original works of art instead of vegetables or wine. Subscribers can choose how often to receive boxes (every month, every other month, quarterly, etc.) Subscribers receive a new work of fine art by a different local artist in each box. Our featured artists work in a variety of mediums (ceramic, printmaking, painting, collage, digital prints, etc.) and most of them live and work in Oakland or San Francisco. $40 for local pick up in SF, or $50 a month nation-wide.
2. Papirmasse: (Not shown) This is another monthly art susbscription, and is more afforable at $10 a month. You get a print ranging from 4x6 to 18x24 each month.
3. Julep Maven: This is a monthly subscription that focuses on nail polishes, although your box can also include mani & pedi products, lip glosses and balms.
4. Babbabox: This is awesome if you have kids! Once you sign up, a BabbaBox full of activities arrives every month (starting the following month after membership purchase); get excited to create, explore, story tell, connect and learn together. You'll also get access to fun digital downloads.
5. Eco-Emi: This site features some great eco-friendly, organic brands, like Hugo Natural, Pangaea Organics and Mighty Leaf. For $15, you will receive a box of 5 products, ranging from beauty products to food, each month, wrapped in earth-friendly packaging.
6. Birchbox: For $10 a month, you'll receive a delivery of high-end beauty and lifestyle samples. There's an option for men, too!
Here are a few more to check out: For food products, Foodzie.com (19.99 for food products each month) or Blissmo.com ($19, organic, non-toxic, eco-products.
For shoes: ShoeMint ($79.98 monthly you can opt to skip if you don't like a pair of shoes. Steve Madden, Rachel Bilson, and Nicole Chavez are the designers of the shoes; Shoe Dazzle ($39.95 monthly, can skip before the 5th of each month. Owned by Kim Kardashian. In early 2011 they began to offer more than just shoes and handbags and now offer jewelry, haircare/cosmetic products (during the Dazzle Deal) among other items. From time to time they also have 2 pairs for $39.95; Sole Society ($49.95 monthly, also can skip the month before the 5th of each month.)
For style: Stylemint, $29.99 a month.
Handmade: Fair Ivy will send you a unique hand-made surprise gift in your price range.
Vegan, natural, gluten-free: Healthysurprise.com, several tiers starting at $33 per month for a generous box of snacks.
Monthlygifter.com features a slew of subscription services for you to pick and choose from.