Ads Worth Spreading


I know it might be surprising, considering the line of work I'm in, but I get really sick of advertising sometimes. So often these days, things seem to be done with so little creativity, concept or purpose and result in little more than a cheap laugh.

This ad from the Topsy Foundation and Ogilvy Johannesburg showing the effectiveness of HIV antiretroviral drugs stopped me in my tracks. I had to watch it several times. It is one of the best I've seen in my life. Not only is it mesmerizing, compelling and effective but it also has a unique sort of Memento-esque twist, is beautifully shot, reeks of pathos and is incredibly moving. To encompass so much in a minute and 35 seconds, now *that's* powerful advertising.

It was one of the winners at TED's "Ad's Worth Spreading" contest. You can see other worthwhile ads by visiting this page.

Sometimes "the end" is the beginning, my friends. Or at least I like to think so. Thus ends this week and begins the weekend. :)
-via Boing Boing 

Share

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, even though it meant some tears were shed at my desk. What a strong message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So compelling, thank you for spreading the word...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails