Note to Self

Should you work for free? I love this chart from Jessica Hische. Unfortunately, working for free or on spec is prevalent in my field. It's most heinous on crowd-sourcing design sites (which I will not even bother to mention), among new designers who are trying to build a portfolio and especially among big ad agencies that I won't name.
I think of it this way: I'm not going to go out and bust my butt washing a stranger's car for free. I might wash my mom's, close friend's or sibling's car for free, but not a stranger's. Also, I might donate my time to a carwash for legitimate charity or cause. No free work! I wish people would quit this stupid practice.

1 comment:

  1. i just saw this on swiss miss. i love her sense of humor and the chart is so true!



Related Posts with Thumbnails