Cayman Islands Destination Wedding




I thought I'd give you guys something else to look at until I officially return on Thursday. This is an invitation suite I created for a friend of my sister (and who I would now call my own friend). Kristin and her (now) husband, Daniel. They decided to get married on Grand Cayman, a place that holds a lot of memories and meaning for them. Their destination wedding was a super private and exclusive affair that called for just 20 invitations, so we went completely haywire with materials.

Here's how it went down. First, we created a custom monogram based on stingrays that highlights a very special moment between the two of them. We carried this monogram through many pieces including custom cigar bands and rum bottle labels. For the actual invitations, we went with a message-in-a-bottle theme. I used sailcloth and iron-on transfer paper to create the cloth invitation. The invitation was rolled up and inserted in a real glass bottle filled with sand and shells. A grommet and pull tab through the invitation enabled the recipient to pull the message from the bottle. I created a custom luggage tag on birch veneer for each guest and a custom reply postcard with a vintage feel. I tucked these items into a muslin bag with an iron-on transfer design on it. I tied this around the bottle's neck. The whole lot got tucked into a mailing tube with a big ol' custom label.

We also did custom t-shirts, flip-flop tags, tote bags, rum labels, cigar bands and a wedding weekend booklet. I will try to get photos of those, too.

More photos after the jump.






6 comments:

  1. These were, hands down, the most awesome wedding invitations ever! You are an absolute genius! And not to worry - I have plenty of photos of the other goodies that you created that I need to send to you! :) Have I told you lately that you are freaking amazing?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness- these are absolutely stunning!!! I can't believe how incredible they are. You are insanely creative and talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are incredibly talented. Such gorgeous invitations! Perfect for that gorgeous bride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did SUCH a fantastic job!!! i LOVE every DETAIL of the invites!!! so fitting for such a perfectly orchestrated wedding!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic!!!
    How did you print the writing on the cloth??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails