Benign Objects Holiday Freebie





Happy Holidays! Like a virtual Santa, I am about to zoom through the wires delivering gifts galore to you, dear readers. I can promise you I won't do something this extensive and free again. Here's what's in my sack:

1. Pillow box
2. 2 CD cases (one with a blank front, one that says "happy holidays.")
3. Set of small circular labels
4. Set of larger rectangle labels
5. Large circular labels
6. "Ribbon"
7. Super-cute labels to wrap around small jars

Colorwise, I utilized some icy colors: light blue, shades of grey, dark blue, white and a pop of an orange-y red (see bottom photo of CD case).

These are all free for personal use. Simply download or right click (control click on Macs) the template jpegs. Print it out on cardstock and cut out. Some have instructions, some are pretty self-explanatory.

For the label, I made a candle in a jar using supplies I got from Hobby Lobby, but you could fill a small jar with candy, bath salts, whatever. Hobby Lobby (or Michael's, I imagine) has a huge selection of plain glass jars. You can just trim the label to size. I used the smaller round tags and attached them to tea bags. A few would fit nicely in the pillowbox. And then, oh my goodness, you could give someone and entire sensory experienced: tea for warmth and comfort, a CD for audio pleasure and a candle for scent. Man, I think I am a pretty excellent Santa.

Click "read more" to get to the printable files and–not to be forgotten–this month's playlist.









Holiday Playlist
*None of these are holiday songs, but they're all pretty mellow and work well with the ridiculous cold up here in Minnesota. Most of these artists are solid gold the whole album through. Sometimes there's so much good music out there, it's incredible.

Megafaun: Kaufman's Ballad
Lissie (She's awesome!): Little Lovin', Wedding Bells, Everywhere I go, Oh Mississippi
Solid Gold: Matter of Time
Pearl Jam: Just Breathe
Bat for Lashes (Really digging for a snowy/rainy/crafty day): Daniel, Sleep Alone
Wilco: I'll Fight
Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros: Home --supercool little anthem from a supercool band
MGMT: Kids
The Swell Season: The Rain
Alela Diane: White as Diamonds
Fanfarlo: Harold T. Wilkins
Nada Surf: Inside of Love
Sea Wolf: Turn the Dirt Over
Santigold: Turn out the Lights
Hot Chip: Take It In

(This song is from an upcoming album and isn't out yet as far as I can tell. But it's damn catchy.)

As I've mentioned before, I prefer to download music from Amazon, so that's where these links go.


15 comments:

  1. Love these!! TFS

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I really love the reindeer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you! These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you. these are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing all these wonderful items with us. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the great labels. I used them on hand cream that I make for friends each winter. The labels were just perfect!

    Robin S.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these designs. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Blog Printable Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 09 Jan [LA 11:40pm] - 10 Jan [NY 02:40am, UK 07:40am, OZ 06:40pm] ).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mindy mab6306@yahoo.comMarch 16, 2010 at 4:17 PM

    Even though it is March I'm always thinking ahead. Thanks for the design. Could it be updated for 2010?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for given such a nice article and thigs.I like all your photo.I really enjoy to see this type of photos..


    advice

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are ridiculously amazing! Thank you so much for sharing you incredible talent. I'm putting these babies up on my blog tomorrow along with some other fun freebies (shhhh...yours is probably my fave)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is lovely! i love it
    thanks for sharing and the printables

    xo
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this length!

    It’s flattering for everyone, can match almost any dress style and silhouette, and is low

    maintenance.

    I am inspired to add a flyaway or 2 to my new collection :)

    Great article!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails